"Design sells"! This is an axiom of today's market. When dozens of similar devices with identical functionalities are offered to consumers the best looking and easy-to-use device will have better chances to end up in consumer's hands.
Protection wise, industrial design may be the most underestimated intellectual property option in Russia. Only 4197 design applications were filed in Russia in 2011. However, our legal practice shows that design protection may be very efficient against unfair competition and trade dress infringements.
Key facts about design protection in Russia:
- 6-months of conventional priority is available;
- Protection through the list of essential features is used;
- Russia is not a member of any regional or international design system;
- Patent is initially valid for 15 years, subject to annuities;
- Term of protection can be extended for 10 more years.
Our firm would be glad to guide you through the whole legal life of your design. We are conducting design searches, drafting and prosecuting design applications, challenging unfavourable decisions of the Patent Office or disputing the validity of competing design rights. Transferring, licensing and maintaining design patents are also our services as well as design litigations in courts.
Advantages of working with us on your design matters:
- Professional assistance in constructing the list of protected features;
- Projecting litigation strength of the design protection;
- High quality printing of design reproductions;
- Always online to attend your requests;
- Flexible fee schedule.
Contact us today and get more than you expected!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why you need a list of essential features?
Only essential features of the design are protected, and we have to list them in the application.
Can a flat label be registered as a design?
Yes, if it has original shape and/or composition of elements.
Will Russian Federation join Hague Design System soon?
There are no news in this regard so far.